Cats Urinary Tract Infection: Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
Cats Urinary Tract Infection: Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment. A cat urinary tract infection can be an extremely painful situation for any feline. Most importantly, when left untreated, it could be fatal. So, as a cat owner, it is your duty to be aware of the symptoms of this problem and the possible treatment options you have.
The most important thing you need to do as a cat owner is observe your pet closely. You should know your pet’s habits and you should be able to tell if there is a change in its habits. Whenever your cat behaves slightly differently, you should immediately find out what it is and, if it is a problem, should treat it appropriately. Given below are some of the most common symptoms of urinary tract infection for cats.
1. Painful urination – Your cat will literally scream and cry in pain while urinating.
2. Frequent urination – Your cat will urinate frequently but pass only a few drops of urine.
3. Blood in your cat’s urine – Sometimes, there could be very little blood in your cat’s urine that it is almost not visible to naked eye. Sometimes, there could be lots of blood in your cat’s urine.
4. Loss of appetite – Your cat will refuse to eat or drink anything.
5. Lethargy – The pain and the suffering will make your cat extremely inactive. Also, since cats do not eat anything during this problem, it makes them extremely weak as well.
6. Fever and vomiting – These symptoms are common for severe urinary infections and kidney stones.
If you notice any of these symptoms, it is most likely a case of cats urinary tract infection. So, you should take your cat to a vet immediately and find out what the problem is. The most common treatment for this problem is antibiotics. Antibiotics can have side effects in some cats such as diarrhea, swelling, rash, trouble breathing, inflammation, and more. For added support consider a natural remedy made to specifically help cats with a urinary tract infection.
Natural homeopathic remedies can not only help the symptoms of urinary tract infection for cats, but can also help to prevent recurring infections. They can provide help within a few days. Since they are completely natural, you do not have to worry about side effects or allergic reactions. Some of the most important herbs you should look for in these medications include Uva Ursi, Cantharis, Causticum, Equisetum, and Ferrum Phos.
The best thing about these homeopathic remedies is that they can not only be given to support cats with a urinary tract infection, but can also be given regularly as a health supplement. They have the ability to boost your cat’s immune system and strengthen its urinary system. So, when given regularly, they can keep your cat healthy and happy for a long time.
More: Cat Articles