Herbs for a cat immune system might be helping in those cats that respond. Giving natural health supplements that contain immune boosting herbs for cats can be one of the best ways to ensure your cat lives a long, healthy life. To get the best results, you need to choose a good herbal supplement which is both safe and effective. Given below is a bunch of information to help you choose the right natural supplement for your cat.
Herbs for cat immune system
You need to be careful while choosing herbal supplements for your cat because some products contain herbs which could be dangerous for your cat’s health. Such products are usually manufactured without the supervision of a qualified pharmacist and they do not meet the standards set by the FDA as well. So, here is a list of herbs which are not only powerful, but also safe for your cat’s health.
1. Astragalus membranaceous (Huang Qi) – It is used extensively in traditional Chinese medicine and is well known for its medicinal properties. It regulates the blood sugar and blood pressure levels in your cat and improves its immune system as well
2. Withania somnifera (Indian Ginseng) – It promotes health and vitality in cats. It is used often in Ayurvedic medications. It purifies and nourishes the blood and maintains the right level of hemoglobin.
3. Viscum Album (Mistletoe) – It keeps your cat’s blood pressure under control. It also improves the disease resistance capacity of your cat.
4. Echinacea purpurea – It strengthens your cat’s lymphatic system. It is one of the most well known immune boosting herbs for cats.
5. Sylibum marianus (Milk Thistle) – It strengthens your cat’s liver. It has been used in natural medicine for thousands of years. It is also well known for its antioxidant properties. It fights and neutralizes the free radicals which cause a lot of damage to your cat’s health.
6. Uncaria tormentosa (Cat’s Claw) – It strengthens your cat’s immune system. Its therapeutic effects are well known and it has been used by the natives of South and Central America for many years.
A number of clinical studies have confirmed the medicinal properties of these herbs for the cat immune system. So, a health supplement which contains these herbs can be a good addition to your cat’s regular diet. Apart from these supplements, a combination of healthy diet which consists of of either homemade foods recommended by a veterinary nutritionist or an AAFCO approved commercial diet which contains the right combination of the 40 ingredients a cat needs, plus plenty of clean water, should ensure that your cat lives a long, healthy and happy life.
Jeff Grill is an editor of the Cat Health Guide and has written on many feline health problems. See this site for more information on herbs for cat immune system support.
Find More Cats Articles